One of the leading Govt. R&D Lab selected Simnovus LTE Network Emulator through a public tender to conduct functional and performance testing of their LTE and Nb-IoT capabilities. This R&D lab had issued a tender in Feb – 2018 and after a long and strenuous technical & commercial process, they finally selected Simnovus LTE Network Emulator which supports both LTE and NB-IoT devices to be attached and perform various services.
They chose Simnovus product and are discussing on several upcoming tenders to setup other test beds which will include UE Simulator as well in their lab for the following reasons.
- reduces CAPEX: based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) and hence solution available on COTS hardware
- future proof: based on 3GPP R14 and up gradable to 5G
- wide range: support of all FDD and TDD frequency bands
- LTE and NB-IoT & Cat M1 devices can connect to Simnovus Network Emulator
- support of both OTA (over the air) and cabled RF connectivity
- fast learning with easy to use web-based user interface
- web socket and JSON based APIs for quick integration and automation with external applications
They are actively working on 5G and plan to perform interoperability tests with our 5G UE simulator shortly. This will be another milestone in the beginning of a long-term partnership.