One of the leading LTE L2/L3 stack provider selected the Simnovus UE Simulator to conduct functional and performance testing of their LTE and Nb-IoT capabilities. The company had been using traditional UE simulators for their LTE testing which are not only very expensive to purchase but also have high annual maintenance charges resulting into high Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). With increasing team size and competitive market, adding more units of the traditional UE simulator was certainly not an option.
They chose Simnovus UE simulator and are discussing to setup multiple such test beds in their lab for the following reasons.
- reduces CAPEX: based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) and hence solution available on COTS hardware
- future proof: based on 3GPP R14 and up gradable to 5G
- wide range: support of all FDD and TDD frequency bands
- channel simulation capabilities help recreate different channel types as per 3GPP models
- support of both OTA (over the air) and cabled RF connectivity
- fast learning with easy to use web-based user interface
- web socket and JSON based APIs for quick integration and automation with external applications
They are actively working on 5G and plan to perform interoperability tests with our 5G UE simulator shortly. This will be another milestone in the beginning of a long-term partnership.